We are presenting you the best lasagna recipe that is very easy to make and delicious at the same time. The easy lasagna recipe is perfect for a family dinner with kids or friends. Its tasty and creamy texture makes you want to eat more and more. Before continuing with the easy lasagna recipe, let us define and identify lasagna. Lasagna is a famous Italian dish made with cheese, tomato sauce or ragù. The choice of cheese used in lasagna depends on your taste and desire but the most used cheese types in the easy lasagna recipe are considered to be the ricotta, mozzarella. It is time to meet the best easy lasagna recipe!
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Additional Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 12 Pieces
Method: Baking, Cooking
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1-¼ pounds bulk Italian sausage
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus ¼ cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¾teaspoon fennel seed
- ¾teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in a big pan.
- Keep stirring, add garlic and cook for 1 minute and finally drain.
- Mix the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper altogether and bring it to a boil. Decrease the heat and cook for 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Mix egg, ricotta cheese, and the remaining parsley and salt in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spread 2 cups meat sauce into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles and a third of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle the layer with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Repeat the previously made layers twice. Top the layers with the remaining meat sauce and cheeses.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, bake the lasagna uncovered for extra 25 minutes.
- Let the lasagna rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Here is the best easy lasagna recipe for you! Enjoy the perfectly delicious taste with its easy preparation. Why don’t you start to cook now? Don’t be late!