The delicious fried chicken is a yummy dish made of chicken pieces which have been coated in a seasoned batter breading and pan-fried, deep fried, or pressure fried. In order to make the homemade fried chicken crisp and at the same time juicy, breading by coating or adding crust to the exterior of the chicken is applied. This dish is loved by families with kids. It is a good opportunity to cook healthy homemade fried chicken instead of the hazardous fried chicken sold in fast food restaurants.
Total Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Waiting Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 min
Amount of Pieces: 16 pieces
Homemade Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 2 whole organic chicken
- Vegetable oil of choice, for frying the chicken
- 6 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
How make Homemade Fried Chicken?
- Divide the whole chicken into 4 breasts, 4 thighs, 4 legs and 4 wings and set aside.
- Preheat your oil in a pan on the stove.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper until they are all incorporated.
- Pour the buttermilk into another large bowl in order for the chicken to be immersed in it.
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Put the buttermilk bowl right next to it, and next to the buttermilk bowl put your dry mixture.
- Take your breasts, lightly dust them with your flour mixture, then dip them in the buttermilk until they are coated, and then put them in the flour mixture.
- Take the breasts that are in the flour and make sure that the chicken in very thoroughly coated. Gently place the breasts in your hot oil.
- Repeat the dredging steps with your other pieces of chicken by starting with the thigh, leg, and finally wing.
- When the last wing is placed into the fryer, 16 pieces of chicken should be fried in the oil. Set by the way a timer for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken color is getting brownish or the color of a caramel, it means that it is done.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and let it drain for 5 minutes. Let cool for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
The delicious homemade fried chicken is ready to be enjoying by you, your family and friends. Make sure there is enough for you all! Enjoy!
Tipp: For more taste and joy, you can prepare yoghurt or tomato dips!