Lemon cake is one of the most preferred practical cake recipes with its unique aroma and fragrance. It goes well both in winter and in summer and it is considered to be a light delight.
With its easy-to-bake recipe that we are presenting you, you will be able to bake the cake in 10 minutes and make cake lovers happy. In order to make the experience better, you can serve it with a cup of tea or coffee. Let us show you what you need to prepare the best recipe!
- 2.5 cups of flour
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teacup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass of water Milk
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla
- Break the eggs into a deep bowl. Add the sugar and stir for a few minutes until it gets a white-like mixture.
- Add milk, oil and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and continue mixing.
- Then add baking soda, vanilla and flour slowly and keep stirring.
- Lastly, add peel the lemon and add its zest into the mixture and continue mixing. If your cake’s dough is runny, you can add some more flour.
- Cover the baking pan with sunflower oil or margarine.
- Pour your dough into your pre-greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake it in the oven, which you previously heated at 170 degrees, for about 40-45
- Check if it is well done with a toothpick and remove it from the oven if it is baked.
- You will understand if it is baked when the outer part will look brownish.
Tipp: You can cover the lemon cake with a lemon sauce. We are presenting you the lemon sauce recipe below!
Ingredients for the lemon sauce:
- The Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
Preparation of the lemon sauce:
- First add the lemon juice into a small bowl.
- After add the powdered sugar into it and start to mix.
- According to the intensity of the sauce add some water. If the intensity is alright then don’t add water.
You can finally cover the lemon cake with the lemon sauce. It is important that you cover it after the cake has got cold.