We are presenting you the perfect lemon cheesecake recipe with a smooth texture and a thick and creamy filling. With its perfect and yummy lemon flavor, the cheesecake stands out next to every hot or cold beverage. A great combination of sweet and tart has been achieved with this lemon cheesecake recipe!
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Number of Persons: 12-14 Servings
Ingredients for the Crust
2 ¼ cups (302g) vanilla wafer crumbs/biscuits
½ cup (112g) salted butter, melted
3 tablespoons (39g) sugar
Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (24g) flour
- 1 cup (240ml) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
Ingredients for the Lemon Curd
- 6 tbsp (90ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup (138g) sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 5 tbsp (65g) salted butter
Ingredients for Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy cold whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons (43g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation of the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Line a pan with parchment paper and grease the sides of it.
- Mix all the crust ingredients until well incorporated and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake it for ten minutes and set aside to cool
- The outside should be covered with aluminum foil so that the lemon cheesecake is prepared for a water bath.
Preparation of the Filling
- Decrease oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl on low speed until well mixed and smooth like a cream.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix on low speed.
- Add eggs and combine by mixing slowly.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and spread equally.
- Place the pan inside another larger pan. Fill the pan on the outside with enough warm water (the half). Water should not get in touch with the cheesecake but just the pan’s outer surface!
- The cheesecake should be baked for 65 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in oven for extra 15 minutes.
- Half open the oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate cheesecake by taking it out of the outer pan and removing the aluminum foil until it is completely cooled and firm for approximately 6-7 hours.
Preparation of the Lemon Curd
- Mix all ingredients in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water (not boiling or hot).
- Heat while stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Refrigerate until cool and thickened.
Last Touches of the Cheesecake
- After refrigerating, remove the lemon cheesecake from the pan and set it on a serving plate.
- For the whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and stir until it thickens.
- Swirls should be piped of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- The lemon curd should be evenly layered on the top of the cheesecake.
- Finally, the lemon cheesecake should be refrigerated until it is ready to be served.
Consume it within 2-3 days! Enjoy this beautifully fresh and sweet lemon cheesecake with this easy lemon cheesecake recipe.