For an amazing and tasty meal inducing both Spaghetti and Meatballs we are sharing the spaghetti easy recipe for flavorful and yummy food experiences. The spaghetti ingredients as well as the meatball ingredients are ingredients that are most probably available in your kitchen. Let us introduce you the best spaghetti recipe easy and tasty.
Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe:
The trick in order to make the meatballs extra tender is bread. The combination of bread and the meat makes the meatball crispier. The secret to get extra flavored meatballs is in the combination of meat and sweet Italian sausage. If you do not have access to Italian sausages, you can use another sausage type that has a sweet taste. You will most probably love the spaghetti easy recipe with the homemade marinara sauce. This spaghetti meatball recipe is the best recipe you will have every tried.
Number of People: 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Meatballs
- White bread, whole wheat or soft sliced bread
- 500gr lean ground beef – 7% to 15% fat content
- Italian sausage or any sweet sausage
- ¼ Freshly grated parmesan
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon Oil (for cooking)
Ingredients for Marinara Sauce
- Chopped yellow onions
- Crushed tomatoes with basil
- Bay leaves (optional)
- Salt/Pepper (optional)
- Minced garlic
Preparation of the Meatballs
- Dice the bread and put them into 2/3 cup water and set the mixture aside for 5 minutes. Afterwards mash the mixture together with a fork.
- Add 500gr ground beef, 400gr sausage, parmesan cheese, minced garlic cloves, salt, tsp black pepper, egg and the mashed moist bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Form the meatballs and roll them in flour.
- Heat a deep, large, heavy skillet over medium heat with oil. Add meatballs 5 at once and cook them until they are browned on all sides (2 min per side).
- Remove the meatballs and set aside
Preparation for the Marinara Sauce
- Add some more oil if needed in the same skillet over medium heat and add the chopped onion and stir until it takes a soft texture and a golden color (5 minutes maximum).
- Add the minced garlic and stir about a minute.
- Add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and the bay leaves and cook until it starts to boil lightly.
- Add the cooked meatballs into the pan with the tomato sauce and cover the pan partially.
- Cook at low heat for 30 min, stirring every 10 minutes until the meatballs are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- After 25 minutes cooking, add chopped fresh basil and salt/pepper according to your taste.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions that are stated on the package. You can prefer your spaghetti aldente or softer! After it is cooked, drain the spaghetti and put it back into the empty pan.
Finally, the spaghetti can be topped with the amazing meatball sauce. Now you can enjoy the Spaghetti with Meatballs.